Tuesday, 31 December 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR



Top: French Connection, Dress: H&M, Coat: Unknown, Shoes: Kurt Geiger


Gorgeous winter sunshine never fails to put me in a good mood. As much as I love the carefree summer days, there is something so appealing in the combination of sun and bitterly cold, still, air. Everything just feels so incredibly fresh and sharp. Ok, I'm going to stop being so waffly and deep now as I think I'm failing at this.
My new favourite outfit combo is strappy dresses with turtlenecks, as displayed here. I'm looking for a dress with a low back, some open back lace detailing or open lace sides; you get the picture, just something with not much fabric... The concept of a typically winter top paired with something so seemingly summery seems so wrong yet looks so right. 
I hope you had an amazing Christmas and you can let me know what you got up to in the comments below, or what you're going to do for New Year. I wish you all a Happy New Year, and I hope that it will be even more spectacular than 2013. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog, and an extra big thank you for those who have even commented. And you regular comment-ers, yes, I have noticed and I am incredibly grateful. 

Lucia 
xx



    

   

24 comments:

  1. Such a pretty, sparkly dress! I like that you've styled it over a top, I need to start wearing dresses over long sleeved tops. <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do! It's a great way to wear summer dresses in winter and maximise your wardrobe haha
      Lucia xx

      Delete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR HUN!!!!!!! love the last pic the most. Have a great 2014. Just followed u on gfc :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute combo! The turtleneck with the slip dress is awesome. Love the lining of that coat too

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for ur comment <3
    I looove the last pic, you r so gorgeous!
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) And thank you, so are you <3

      Delete
  5. cool outerwear dear :D
    Btw Happy New Year :)
    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year! love this outfit a lot, the dress and coat are amaazing <3
    thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year! Omg that coat is simply amazing! So perfect ahh xo

    afashionation.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! I love that kind of weather too, so fresh! Looking gorge, I love the top/dress combo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous coat!
    This is a really great post :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the jacket so much! Everything black will do <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing dress, it's like in 20`s!

    I follow you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year too! I'm madly in love with the leather coat! The black on black mixing is perfect :)

    http://steffisanta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the summer dress and winter top pairing! Im so not those people who puts away theyre summer clothes every winter time! Layering is the way! Aha lovely post and Hapoy New Year I spent mine at my Church gloryfying God into the year New and it was Amazing! xo
    stylegrande.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice outfit!

    XOXO
    http://fashion-mask.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look amazing in this leather jacket! love it! <3

    Check out my blogpost on New Year and Print-Clashing trend :)
    ALxx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow, I loved how you styled the dress with the turtleneck. I'll have to try that trick sometime!

    www.cococarteblanche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love love love this outfit a great mix of casual and dressed up ! great pieces too.
    following you now love, and thanks for commenting on my blog :)
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool jacket! x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.
Lucia x